Friday, August 12, 2011

Shabby {Chic} Desk

I found this poor desk at DI for 15 dollars. I proabaly shouldn't have bought it but I did. Sanding it down was hard but I decided to leave a lot and I mean a LOT of the scratches in the wood. I pained it with a latex white/grey/bluish mix, put a brown glaze in the cracks, changed the nobs and voila!




The crisp white paint with the black drawer pulls change the whole look.



I put fabric in the drawers and it makes it look even more chic.


Goes great with my vintage chair that I've re-done and had since I was 10 years old.






Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great job. Wish you lived closer so you could help out some of our sad looking garage sale stuff. Hopefully we find someone with an eye like yours that can see the untapped beauty in things.

    Katrina
    Carlene's soon to be momma :)
    www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so fun! You have to be in the "mood" and it comes in waves. Maybe some day we can do a project together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I would never buy a desk like that thinking that it could look good-but I love the end result! It is so cute! Makes me want to get creative!

    ReplyDelete