Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This Christmas

I have been trying to avoid the Christmas music in stores. I don't understand why they need to blast it so loud so soon. I already feel like there aren't that many good Christmas songs and they are so over used.
Needless to say, I love Christmas, just not before December. Holly and jolly music will not be found in this home until then.
BUT...I am thinking about Christmas. This year is different. We have been so blessed to have everything we need this year and some extra wants. We are enjoying our new house and my husbands' new job that makes it possible for him to be home every night for dinner and on weekends. Blessings in abundance to say the least. That is why we have decided that we will not be buying any Christmas gifts this year. We will be making everything that we give.
First of all, I am a shop-a-holic. I do love a good sale. That is why I am not shopping at all in the month of December. I think shopping adds stress to the wonderful Christmas season. It can be so crazy. My husband has worked in retail for the last 7 years and we know first hand how rude people can be.
Second, can you remember every gift you bought for your kids last year? If you can remember all or some, which ones do they cherish? Which ones do they still play with? I can't remember the gifts and who knows if my kids still play with them. I remember every gift my mother made me when I was a child. I loved every one. Handmade gifts create memories. They create a bond of greater love in a family.
I am excited to see how this turns out. I will be busy busy. I am surprised my husband said he would go along with this!

Can you tell I am boycotting things that look like Christmas?

You can follow me on Pinterest to see what I will be making and of course I will be posting everything here for you to see.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, what a neat idea! I think that is so awesome. I would love to do something like that... someday. Maybe this year. I don't know. I am feeling extremely overwhelmed right now, but hopefully come December I might feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete